The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Things to have Newfound Gratitude for


Having Stephen in my life (vs. not having him at all)
Having network a short walk away (vs. a long walk or not until a city)
Having flies in my chim (vs. snakes)
Having meetings with one or two people (vs. zero)
Having the flat path to my village dry (vs. flooded)
Having friends far away (vs. none at all)
Having options re: my role here (vs. static assignment)
Having this period of discomfort be a temporary learning experience (vs. my everyday existence)
Having a few good options of meals to make (vs. eating the same two foods every meal, every day)
Being able to sometimes connect with friends and family (vs. never or only at the end of these 27 months)
Being somewhat open in my mental state, being mature enough to look with a gentle and also analytical eye (vs. being fixed or done)
Being bored (as opposed to ceaseless toil)
Having sunshine for warmth and drying and charging and growing
Being well, when I am well
Sweet hugs from small children

15 June 2018

1 comment: