The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Few Things I have Learned in Peace Corps


What privilege is (options, in a word)

What boredom is (not having to work)

I am a cat person, not a dog person

How to tell if I have giardia

What depression feels like

How to appreciate humanity (so much less misanthropy)

Why some development programs fail

I seem to use far less toilet paper than some others

How to look critically at programs aimed at fixing others’ problems

How bureaucracy can fail (both US and Zambian)

How to be assertive

How to laugh at myself

How to connect with God

How to accept my emotions and the beginnings of how to not let them control me

How thought shapes language (instead of vice versa)


28 July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment