The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Things of which I am Tired


Being sick
Not having network
Being seen as a free thing giver
                Or a white
                Or a female
                Or a foreigner
                Or a novelty
                Or anything other than a person, first
Roosters
Being undervalued
The immediate future being uncertain
The constant back and forth of staying here or going
Not having any work to do
People (mostly counterparts) being flaky with me
Being suspicious of everything that comes near my mouth
Every bump in the night causing panic
Sleeping alone, alone in a house
Being out of touch with my friends
Having way too much time alone
Coming up with productive ways to spend time

3 July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment